We just pushed our first major update since matrix.org launched for Synapse, the reference Matrix homeserver:
Changes in synapse 0.2.2 (2014-09-06)
- Fix desktop notifications
- Add support for captchas on registration
- Implement local echo when sending message
- Inform the UI when a message failed to send.
- Only autoscroll on receiving a new message if the user was already at the bottom of the screen.
- Add support for ban/kick reasons.
- Add /join support for IRC acolytes
- Make IRC-style commands a little more forgiving
- When the server returns state events it now also includes the previous content if any to aid pagination
- Add support for inviting people when creating a new room.
- Make the homeserver inform the room via
m.room.aliases when a new alias is added for a room.
The matrix.org homeserver & webclient has already been updated to the latest version - if you're running your own homeserver, please update. v0.2.2 retains backwards compatibility with previous homeserver releases.
Get the code from http://github.com/matrix-org/synapse!