Good people, it's release time.
With the core team focusing on upcoming performance work and GDPR management tooling, v0.31.0 is most notable for improvements to system stats. Additionally, work continues on our py3 port and a host of small bug fixes and perf improvements.
Get it now from https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/releases/tag/v0.31.0
Changes in synapse v0.31.0 (2018-06-06)
Most notable change from v0.30.0 is to switch to python prometheus library to improve system stats reporting. WARNING this changes a number of prometheus metrics in a backwards-incompatible manner. For more details, see
- Fix metric documentation tables (PR #3341)
- Fix LaterGuage error handling (694968f)
- Fix replication metrics (b7e7fd2)
Changes in synapse v0.31.0-rc1 (2018-06-04)
- Switch to the Python Prometheus library (PR #3256, #3274)
- Let users leave the server notice room after joining (PR #3287)
- daily user type phone home stats (PR #3264)
- Use iter* methods for _filter_events_for_server (PR #3267)
- Docs on consent bits (PR #3268)
- Remove users from user directory on deactivate (PR #3277)
- Avoid sending consent notice to guest users (PR #3288)
- disable CPUMetrics if no /proc/self/stat (PR #3299)
- Add local and loopback IPv6 addresses to url_preview_ip_range_blacklist (PR #3312) Thanks to @thegcat!
- Consistently use six's iteritems and wrap lazy keys/values in list() if they're not meant to be lazy (PR #3307)
- Add private IPv6 addresses to example config for url preview blacklist (PR #3317) Thanks to @thegcat!
- Reduce stuck read-receipts: ignore depth when updating (PR #3318)
- Put python's logs into Trial when running unit tests (PR #3319)
Changes, python 3 migration:
- Fix federation backfill bugs (PR #3261)
- federation: fix LaterGauge usage (PR #3328) Thanks to @intelfx!