Mage is a set of Ansible roles are constructed around LXD containers and Ubuntu. Mage may support other Guest-OS distros on a nice-to-have basis in the following order: Gentoo (because its cool), Debian (because its easy to migrate to), CentOS/Rhel (because Ansilbe is cool). No other distribution support is planned.
The matrix container sports the mage.matrix-stack role consisting of:
- matrix-synapse (matrix server listening on ports 8448 and 8008)
- riot-web (glossy web client / frontend to the matrix-synapse server - static webapp written in js)
- coturn (turn server listening on ports 3478, 3479)
- postgres (storage for matrix-synapse)
- nginx (serving riot-web, listening on port 80)
and expects a proxy/loadbalancer sitting infront of it (this is provided by the container below)