In the excitement of KamailioWorld last week we completely forgot to mention that we released Synapse 0.9.1.
This is a pretty important performance and stability update of all the new stuff that landed in 0.9.0, as well as landing a major new feature in the form of 'backfill': we finally have the ability to correctly sync in historical conversation history over federation for newly federated rooms. In other words, if you join a remote room you should be able to navigate its history as intended.
We highly recommend upgrading to 0.9.1 for all the performance improvements and backfill support - get it now from http://github.com/matrix-org/synapse.
Changes in synapse v0.9.1 (2015-05-26)
- Add support for backfilling when a client paginates. This allows servers to
request history for a room from remote servers when a client tries to
paginate history the server does not have - SYN-36
- Fix bug where you couldn't disable non-default pushrules - SYN-378
register_new_user script - SYN-359
- Improve performance of fetching events from the database, this improves both
initialSync and sending of events.
- Improve performance of event streams, allowing synapse to handle more
simultaneous connected clients.
- Fix bug with existing backfill implementation where it returned the wrong
selection of events in some circumstances.
- Improve performance of joining remote rooms.
- Add support for changing the bind host of the metrics listener via the
The Foundation needs you
The Matrix.org Foundation is a non-profit and only relies on donations to operate. Its core mission is to maintain the Matrix Specification, but it does much more than that.
It maintains the matrix.org homeserver and hosts several bridges for free. It fights for our collective rights to digital privacy and dignity.Support us