In the excitement of KamailioWorld last week we completely forgot to mention that we released Synapse 0.9.1.
This is a pretty important performance and stability update of all the new stuff that landed in 0.9.0, as well as landing a major new feature in the form of 'backfill': we finally have the ability to correctly sync in historical conversation history over federation for newly federated rooms. In other words, if you join a remote room you should be able to navigate its history as intended.
We highly recommend upgrading to 0.9.1 for all the performance improvements and backfill support - get it now from http://github.com/matrix-org/synapse.
Changes in synapse v0.9.1 (2015-05-26) ======================================
- Add support for backfilling when a client paginates. This allows servers to request history for a room from remote servers when a client tries to paginate history the server does not have - SYN-36
- Fix bug where you couldn't disable non-default pushrules - SYN-378
register_new_userscript - SYN-359
- Improve performance of fetching events from the database, this improves both initialSync and sending of events.
- Improve performance of event streams, allowing synapse to handle more simultaneous connected clients.
- Fix bug with existing backfill implementation where it returned the wrong selection of events in some circumstances.
- Improve performance of joining remote rooms.
- Add support for changing the bind host of the metrics listener via the