We just pushed our first major update since matrix.org launched for Synapse, the reference Matrix homeserver:
Changes in synapse 0.2.2 (2014-09-06)
- Fix desktop notifications
- Add support for captchas on registration
- Implement local echo when sending message
- Inform the UI when a message failed to send.
- Only autoscroll on receiving a new message if the user was already at the bottom of the screen.
- Add support for ban/kick reasons.
- Add /join support for IRC acolytes
- Make IRC-style commands a little more forgiving
- When the server returns state events it now also includes the previous content if any to aid pagination
- Add support for inviting people when creating a new room.
- Make the homeserver inform the room via
m.room.aliaseswhen a new alias is added for a room.
The matrix.org homeserver & webclient has already been updated to the latest version - if you're running your own homeserver, please update. v0.2.2 retains backwards compatibility with previous homeserver releases.
Get the code from http://github.com/matrix-org/synapse!
The Foundation needs you
The Matrix.org Foundation is a non-profit and only relies on donations to operate. Its core mission is to maintain the Matrix Specification, but it does much more than that.
It maintains the matrix.org homeserver and hosts several bridges for free. It fights for our collective rights to digital privacy and dignity.Support us