Synapse 0.3.3 was released today, concentrating on both feature & stability improvements on the webclient. The big news is that 1:1 video calling via WebRTC is implemented (although we're still working on some stability issues, and Synapse doesn't support TURN yet. This will be coming in the next few days however!).
Play with the demo server at http://matrix.org/alpha, or update your own homeserver with a
git pull && ./synctl restart or by cloning a new checkout with
git clone https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse.git
Changes in synapse 0.3.3 (2014-09-22)
- Fix bug where you continued to get events for rooms you had left.
- Add support for video calls with basic UI.
- Fix bug where one to one chats were named after your display name rather
than the other person's.
- Fix bug which caused lag when typing in the textarea.
- Refuse to run on browsers we know won't work.
- Trigger pagination when joining new rooms.
- Fix bug where we sometimes didn't display invitations in recents.
- Automatically join room when accepting a VoIP call.
- Disable outgoing and reject incoming calls on browsers we don't support
- Don't display desktop notifications for messages in the room you are
non-idle and speaking in.