We released a new version (0.2.3) of the Android Matrix Console application today - this is a decent upgrade over 0.2.2. Changelog below.
If you're an Android user, please install the app from the Play Store and give it a go and give us some feedback on #android:matrix.org or Google Play.
Changes in Matrix Android SDK in 0.2.3 (2015-03-10) ===================================================
- Avoid refreshing the home page when it is not displayed.
- Display a piechart while uploading a media.
- Refresh the display when some messages are automatically resent (after retrieving a data network connection for example).
- Update the user rename message to be compliant with the web client.
- Use the local media files instead of downloading them when they are acknowledged (messages sending).
- Create a medias management class.
- Display the offline status in the members list.
- Avoid creating new homeActivity instance when joining a room from member details sheet.
- The public rooms list are now saved in the bundle state : it should avoid having a spinner when rotated the device.
- The animated GIFs are now supported.
- Add the rate limits error management. The server could request to delay the messages sending because they were too many messages sent in a short time (to avoid spam).
- Can take a photo to send it.
- A chat room page is automatically paginated to fill. It used to get only the ten latest messages : it displayed half filled page on tablet.
- Add the sending failure reason in the message details (long tap on a message, “Message details”).
- The user is not anymore notified it the push rules are not fulfilled.
- Add some room settings (Display all events, hide unsupported events, sort members by last seen time, display left members, display public rooms in the home page).
- Add various accessibility tweaks.
- The media downloads/uploads were sometimes stuck.
- The private room creation was broken.
- SYAND-33 : number of unread messages disappears when entering another room.
- The RoomActivity creation used to crash when it was cancelled because the Room id param was not provided.
- The client used to crash when the home server was invalid but started with http.
- The account creation used to fail if the home server had a trailing slash.
- SYAND-44 In progress text entry could be saved across crashes.
- SYAND-38 Inline image viewer in Android app.