We're happy to announce the release of Synapse 0.19.0 (same as 0.19.0-rc4) today, just in time for anyone discovering Matrix for the first time at FOSDEM 2017! In fact, here's Erik doing the release right now (with moral support from Luke):
This is a pretty big release, with a bunch of new features and lots and lots of debugging and optimisation work following on some of the dramas that we had with 0.18 over the Christmas break. The biggest things are:
- IPv6 Support (unless you have an IPv6 only resolver), thanks to contributions from Glyph from Twisted and Kyrias!
- A new API for tracking the E2E devices present in a room (required for fixing many of the remaining E2E bugs...)
- Rewrite the 'state resolution' algorithm to be orders of magnitude more performant
- Lots of tuning to the caching logic.
And here's the full changelog...
Changes in synapse v0.19.0 (2017-02-04)
No changes since RC 4.
Changes in synapse v0.19.0-rc4 (2017-02-02)
- Bump cache sizes for common membership queries (PR #1879)
Changes in synapse v0.19.0-rc3 (2017-02-02)
- Fix email push in pusher worker (PR #1875)
- Make presence.get_new_events a bit faster (PR #1876)
- Make /keys/changes a bit more performant (PR #1877)
Changes in synapse v0.19.0-rc2 (2017-02-02)
- Include newly joined users in /keys/changes API (PR #1872)
Changes in synapse v0.19.0-rc1 (2017-02-02)
- Add support for specifying multiple bind addresses (PR #1709, #1712, #1795, #1835). Thanks to @kyrias!
- Add /account/3pid/delete endpoint (PR #1714)
- Add config option to configure the Riot URL used in notification emails (PR #1811). Thanks to @aperezdc!
- Add username and password config options for turn server (PR #1832). Thanks to @xsteadfastx!
- Implement device lists updates over federation (PR #1857, #1861, #1864)
- Implement /keys/changes (PR #1869, #1872)
- Improve IPv6 support (PR #1696). Thanks to @kyrias and @glyph!
- Log which files we saved attachments to in the media_repository (PR #1791)
- Linearize updates to membership via PUT /state/ to better handle multiple joins (PR #1787)
- Limit number of entries to prefill from cache on startup (PR #1792)
- Remove full_twisted_stacktraces option (PR #1802)
- Measure size of some caches by sum of the size of cached values (PR #1815)
- Measure metrics of string_cache (PR #1821)
- Reduce logging verbosity (PR #1822, #1823, #1824)
- Don't clobber a displayname or avatar_url if provided by an m.room.member event (PR #1852)
- Better handle 401/404 response for federation /send/ (PR #1866, #1871)
- Fix ability to change password to a non-ascii one (PR #1711)
- Fix push getting stuck due to looking at the wrong view of state (PR #1820)
- Fix email address comparison to be case insensitive (PR #1827)
- Fix occasional inconsistencies of room membership (PR #1836, #1840)