Synapse 0.22.0 has just been released! This release lands a few interesting features:
- The new User directory API which supports Matrix clients' providing a much more intuitive and effective user search capability by exposing a list of:
- Everybody your user shares a room with, and
- Everybody in a public room your homeserver knows about
- New support for server admins, including a Shutdown Room API (to remove a room from a local server) and a Media Quarrantine API (to render a media item inaccessible without its actually being deleted)
As always there are lots of bug fixes and performance improvements, including increasing the default cache factor size from 0.1 to 0.5 (should improve performance for those running their own homeservers).
You can get Synapse 0.22.0 from https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse or https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/releases/tag/v0.22.0 as normal.
Changes in synapse v0.22.0 (2017-07-06)
No changes since v0.22.0-rc2
Changes in synapse v0.22.0-rc2 (2017-07-04)
- Improve performance of storing user IPs (PR #2307, #2308)
- Slightly improve performance of verifying access tokens (PR #2320)
- Slightly improve performance of event persistence (PR #2321)
- Increase default cache factor size from 0.1 to 0.5 (PR #2330)
- Fix bug with storing registration sessions that caused frequent CPU churn (PR #2319)
Changes in synapse v0.22.0-rc1 (2017-06-26)
- Add a user directory API (PR #2252, and many more)
- Add shutdown room API to remove room from local server (PR #2291)
- Add API to quarantine media (PR #2292)
- Add new config option to not send event contents to push servers (PR #2301) Thanks to @cjdelisle!
- Fix users not getting notifications when AS listened to that user_id (PR#2216) Thanks to @slipeer!
- Fix users without push set up not getting notifications after joining rooms (PR #2236)
- Fix preview url API to trim long descriptions (PR #2243)
- Fix bug where we used cached but unpersisted state group as prev group, resulting in broken state of restart (PR #2263)
- Fix removing of pushers when using workers (PR #2267)
- Fix CORS headers to allow Authorization header (PR #2285) Thanks to @krombel!