Well now, today sees the release of Synapse 0.28.0!
This release is particularly exciting as it’s a major bump mainly thanks to lots and lots of contributions from the wider community – including support for running Synapse on PyPy (thanks Valodim) and lots of progress towards official Python3 support (thanks notafile)!! However, almost all the changes are under the hood (and some are quite major), so this is more a performance, bugfix and synapse internals release rather than adding many new APIs or features
As always, you can get it from https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/releases/tag/v0.28.0 and thanks to everyone who tested the release candidates.
Changes in synapse v0.28.0 (2018-04-26)
Changes in synapse v0.28.0-rc1 (2018-04-24)
Minor performance improvement to federation sending and bug fixes.
(Note: This release does not include state resolutions discussed in matrix live)
- Synapse on PyPy (PR #2760) Thanks to @Valodim!
- move handling of auto_join_rooms to RegisterHandler (PR #2996) Thanks to @krombel!
- Improve handling of SRV records for federation connections (PR #3016) Thanks to @silkeh!
- Document the behaviour of ResponseCache (PR #3059)
- Preparation for py3 (PR #3061, #3073, #3074, #3075, #3103, #3104, #3106, #3107, #3109, #3110) Thanks to @NotAFile!
- update prometheus dashboard to use new metric names (PR #3069) Thanks to @krombel!
- use python3-compatible prints (PR #3074) Thanks to @NotAFile!
- Send federation events concurrently (PR #3078)
- Limit concurrent event sends for a room (PR #3079)
- Improve R30 stat definition (PR #3086)
- Send events to ASes concurrently (PR #3088)
- Refactor ResponseCache usage (PR #3093)
- Clarify that SRV may not point to a CNAME (PR #3100) Thanks to @silkeh!
- Use str(e) instead of e.message (PR #3103) Thanks to @NotAFile!
- Use six.itervalues in some places (PR #3106) Thanks to @NotAFile!
- Refactor store.have_events (PR #3117)
- Return 401 for invalid access_token on logout (PR #2938) Thanks to @dklug!
- Return a 404 rather than a 500 on rejoining empty rooms (PR #3080)
- fix federation_domain_whitelist (PR #3099)
- Avoid creating events with huge numbers of prev_events (PR #3113)
- Reject events which have lots of prev_events (PR #3118)