Synapse 0.33.4 released!
Roll up, roll up, get it while it's hot, Synapse 0.33.4 is here.
This release brings together a whole host of bug fixes, some enhancements to resource usage management and a bunch of internal changes in readiness for room member state lazy loading and our ongoing port to Python 3 (we are hoping to ship a py3 test candidate rsn!).
As ever, you can get the new update from https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/releases/tag/v0.33.4 or any of the sources mentioned at https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse.
- Support profile API endpoints on workers (#3659)
- Server notices for resource limit blocking (#3680)
- Allow guests to use /rooms/:roomId/event/:eventId (#3724)
- Add mau_trial_days config param, so that users only get counted as MAU after N days. (#3749)
- Require twisted 17.1 or later (fixes #3741). (#3751)
- Fix error collecting prometheus metrics when run on dedicated thread due to threading concurrency issues (#3722)
- Fix bug where we resent "limit exceeded" server notices repeatedly (#3747)
- Fix bug where we broke sync when using limit_usage_by_mau but hadn't configured server notices (#3753)
- Fix 'federation_domain_whitelist' such that an empty list correctly blocks all outbound federation traffic (#3754)
- Fix tagging of server notice rooms (#3755, #3756)
- Fix 'admin_uri' config variable and error parameter to be 'admin_contact' to match the spec. (#3758)
- Don't return non-LL-member state in incremental sync state blocks (#3760)
- Fix bug in sending presence over federation (#3768)
- Fix bug where preserved threepid user comes to sign up and server is mau blocked (#3777)
- Removed the link to the unmaintained matrix-synapse-auto-deploy project from the readme. (#3378)
- Refactor state module to support multiple room versions (#3673)
- The synapse.storage module has been ported to Python 3. (#3725)
- Split the state_group_cache into member and non-member state events (and so speed up LL /sync) (#3726)
- Log failure to authenticate remote servers as warnings (without stack traces) (#3727)
- The CONTRIBUTING guidelines have been updated to mention our use of Markdown and that .misc files have content. (#3730)
- Reference the need for an HTTP replication port when using the federation_reader worker (#3734)
- Fix minor spelling error in federation client documentation. (#3735)
- Remove redundant state resolution function (#3737)
- The test suite now passes on PostgreSQL. (#3740)
- Fix MAU cache invalidation due to missing yield (#3746)
- Make sure that we close db connections opened during init (#3764)
- Unignore synctl in .dockerignore to fix docker builds (#3802)