Neil Alexander said:
- Initial support for building for WASM with the P2P demo has been merged into the Dendrite
- Initial State Resolution v2 code has been merged into gomatrixserverlib
masterbranch, with wiring for Dendrite to follow shortly
- Further room version support is in progress
- Error logging now actually reports where errors happened
- A minor bug in the sync API has been fixed
- gomatrixserverlib now doesn't make unnecessary key requests over federation
TravisR told us:
matrix-media-repo has early support for IPFS! Currently it's only gateway support, but in the coming days it should be possible to also upload into the IPFS world. See https://github.com/turt2live/matrix-media-repo/issues/115#issuecomment-593772429 for details.
A busy week in Synapse this week! We've released Synapse 1.11.1 to fix a security problem with single-sign-on, Patrick has been putting the finishing touches to the room-alias-spam mitigation measures in MSC2432, and Erik has been doing some exciting work in replacing the inter-process replication protocol for worker-based deployments.
We've also started the design work on single-sign-on support for user-interactive-auth, which we'll be starting implementation work on next week.
Oh hello... is that Synapse replicating data streams using Redis, paving the way to multi-master Synapse clustering for arbitrary horizontal scalability!?! 😍 pic.twitter.com/E7pcFWQEgC— Matrix (@matrixdotorg) March 6, 2020
Black Hat announced:
I finally remembered to update my multi arch synapse docker image to 1.11.0. Now with more architectures!
The image for synapse 1.11.1 is now available as avhost/docker-matrix:v1.11.1 and mvgorcum/docker-matrix:v1.11.1. As always these images use jemalloc and mjolnir anti-spam.
Oleg told us:
Send notifications from Icinga(1,2) to a Matrix room.
- Changed POST to PUT for sending the message to comply with the spec (https://matrix.org/docs/api/client-server/#!/Room32participation/sendMessage)
- New, cool templates from @micha:msqu.de
- Rewrite in Go and gomatrix (https://github.com/matrix-org/gomatrix) to have a static binary
xoxctokens now! That means you are able to bridge slack workspaces without the need of legacy tokens or oauth - no permission from the workspace admins are required for those!
mx-puppet-bridge is a general bridging library that supports (double)bridging and relays. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for others to bridge new third-party protocols to matrix. Support room Donate
- Added optional parsing of file metadata (filling in the
infoblock) for images, video and audio (requires
ffprobeto be installed)
- Adding advanced relays --> protocol implementations can e.g. use webhooks to display relayed messages more nicely
- Add userlist syncing options for rooms
- Use the advanced relay to bridge relay messages using webhooks
- Implement userlist syncing: The userlist on matrix now accurately reflects the discord members in that room
There is a simple Mumble-Matrix Bridge available.
A simple Matrix to Mumble bridge. It sends messages between bridged rooms and tells you when people join / leave Murmur.
Written in TypeScript and based on matrix-appservice-bridge.
The creator, mymindstorm said:
Hello again, I made a public room at #mumble-bridge:evermiss.net
gomuks now supports sending replies, reactions and redactions with commands. You can either run the command (e.g.
/react 👍️) first and then select the message with up/down arrows and enter, or you can click on a message to select it first and then run the command.
Ditto is a user-friendly Matrix client for iOS and Android.
- Long press to show button for leaving a room
- Data is stored on the device, you can now browse offline
- More helpful error messages on login failure
- Show if a chat has unread messages in chat list
- Send typing notifications
- Send read receipts
- and a lot of other major code-quality things!
See the full list of changes here
In general, we'll welcome any help if someone would like to contribute - great way to get some experience with React Native! Just reach out!
If anybody has the skill set or interest, we are also looking at creating a React Native specific Matrix SDK to improve performance and allow others to develop RN clients easily.
Website | #ditto:ditto.chat | Contact Annie
We have fixed several errors on file and media sending/downloading/sharing. Also we are still working on cross-signing and e2e stabilization.
Riot-iOS: We have fixed an issue with push notifications but we are still investigating rageshake logs before doing the release. In parallel, we are still working on cross-signing: QR code and Secret Sharing.
Nheko is a desktop client using Qt, Boost.Asio and C++17. It supports E2EE (with the notable exception being device verification for now) and intends to be full featured and nice to look at
Nico (@deepbluev7:neko.dev) reported:
- We welcomed adasauce as an official member to the Nheko project on Github! Adasauce has been working on a lot of the smaller annoyances and layout issues.
- Adasauce started working on configuring what events get shown in the timeline on a per room or account wide basis.
- We have merged the dev branch to master, because it confused a lot of people. If your packages use 0.7.0-dev, now is the time to switch
- red_sky merged the dev branch and started updating everything, that depends on this branch. This includes the AUR package and our Weblate instance (for translations).
- Nheko now has experimental support for MSC2448. This adds a blurry preview for images (and videos) sent via nheko directly into the event body (at the cost of ~30 bytes). This considerably reduces latency until clients show something, that isn't an empty box, to preview media, since downloading the media over federation and generating a thumbnail has positive latency.
- Avatars should now not be blurry when using display scaling. Please report, if this is still happening to you (in the timeline or room list, there is a known issue with the user profile dialog and servers that don't do dynamic thumbnailing)
- Misc fixes and translation updates from multiple contributors.
Dylan told us:
Selenized Light, Dark, and Black for Riot! If you have your own build of riot-web you can simply modify the config.json and add this theme to it!
I particularly like the Selenized Dark:
Nord Light Theme for Riot is also available from Dylan:
Dylan created #riot-web-themes:m.dhdf.dev
If you use https://github.com/spantaleev/matrix-docker-ansible-deploy/ it will automatically download and install all of the themes just by setting
i have updated simplematrixlib and py-matrix-utils adding (among other things) the ability to upload and download media, and send messages! Simplematrixlib is available on PyPi.
simplematrixlib now also has a matrix room, #simplematrixlib:matrix.org (also used for py-matrix-utils)
Another image bump, this time to 1.11.1 The accompanying Helm chart I've been writing has sadly gotten rather delayed due to prioritisations at work, so might be a bit until then.
msirringhaus told us:
During last hackweek, I wrote a chat bot integration in Rust for openSUSEs Open Build Service. OBS is used for development of the openSUSE distribution and can build packages from the same sources for Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise and other distributions.
The bot follows given packages and pull requests and pings a room if any changes occur (build finished, PR got commented or accepted, ..).
Sources can be found here, RPMs exist as well.
- Fixes some bugs
- Adds a new theme
- Allows the editing of room names
Unfortunately, there still are bugs. Sorry ;(
There's a new stickerpack available in Riot, Diego "rehrar" Salazar offered:
Isabella the Monero Girl is a fun sticker pack made by Cypher Stack designed to be cute, fun, and used by anyone. We hope you enjoy emoting with Isabella.
We'll have a cool image and more info next week.
also working on mautrix-manager, although I'm not sure if/when that'll be ready for general usage
Here we reveal, rank, and applaud the homeservers with the lowest ping, as measured by pingbot, a maubot that you can host on your own server. Join #ping:maunium.net to experience the fun live, and to find out how to add YOUR server to the game.
See you next week, and be sure to stop by #twim:matrix.org with your updates!